Monday, April 18, 2011

Scream 2 (Spolier Alert)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120082/

About Scream 2
It has been two years since the tragic events at Woodsboro. Sidney Prescott and Randy Meeks are trying to get on with their lives, and are currently both students at Windsor College. Cotton Weary is out of prison, and is trying to cash in on his unfortunate incarceration. Gale Weathers has written a bestseller, "The Woodsboro Murders," which has been turned into the film, "Stab," starring Tori Spelling as Sidney. As the film's play date approaches, the cycle of death begins anew. Dewey Riley immediately flies out of Woodsboro to try to protect Sidney, his "surrogate sister." But in this sequel to the 1996 horror film, the number of suspects only goes down as the body count slowly goes up! 


My Review
Let me start with I liked the first Scream a lot. I am happy that the company decided to do another film. They introduce three new actors that I thought were great choices. Liev Schreiber who plays as the accused killer who goes to jail for a crime he did not do and he comes back to talk to Sidney. Timothy Olyphant who plays as a friend to Sidney. Jerry O'Connell who plays as Sidney's new boyfriend.
In Scream 2, there is a movie in it called "Stab" which is a story from the first Scream. There is a scene where they give everyone Ghostface outfits to whoever goes see the movie. A female gets killed during the movie "Stab" and all you see is everyone cheering and wearing the Ghostface outfits. I thought it was the worst killing scene I have seen. I am also wondering where did the outfit come from? Like did the first killer had a regular ghost mask and left it by a fire and it just melted in that shape? "Holy Shit!, This looks awesome. Sidney is going to love it." I like Wes Craven movies and I thought the script is well written. I like the ending in Scream 2. The whole time I was wondering how are they going to bring this killer back. Bringing the first killer's mother (that's how) into it was a great move and I applaud to it.

3 out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment