Sunday, May 8, 2011

Thor

Thor
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0800369/

So last night I saw the movie Thor. I am a big Marvel fan and let me tell you this Thor was great. It was exactly how I expected it to be. Chris Hemsworth hits the character right on the tip of a nail. The acting was marvelous. See what I did there. If not let me explain it for fun. This is a Marvel movie and I just called the acting MARVELous. Natalie Portman, I have seen her in a couple of movies lately and her acting just gets me every time. She is marvelous The villain was a different kind of a villain he wasn't 100% evil. He just wanted to make his foster father proud and make him king. He would not stop his rampage until he got his way and who wouldn't espacially after you find out your adopted. The guy wasn't even mad either about being adopted, he still acted like he was one in the family. I thought that was interesting and marvelous.

I am not a Thor fan but this movie makes me want to go pick up some Thor comics and get excited for a sequel. But I did find some problems with the movie and if you guys don't know me by now, I find out problems just for the hell of it. I was not impressed with the way Thor's universe looked. Even though it might looked that way in the comics, I believe it could have been more detailed. The action wasn't enough. Thor is suppose to be bad ass and he's not even in enough action. He's not even a trouble maker. He gets exiled to Earth and he makes friends no problem. I would've had him kick some old mans ass and take candy from a baby. I mean come on your father just banned you from home. Start making a new name for yourself. Become King of Earth and get revenge. Then become good because you feel bad and you want to bang Natalie Portman. That would be my Idol. I would get a Thor's name tattoo in a heart on my chest. But do not get me wrong the movie is good. This is just me ranting on.  I am difficult to please.


Also If Marvel Studios really want to impress me, they will invest in Deadpool the movie. They should totally run up to DC take the Green Lantern 2 contract rip it up and sign Ryan Reynold to the movie. Reynolds would do it, he doesn't care he just wants money. Then I will see that movie in IMAX Theaters with a Deadpool shirt on, holding a Deadpool action figure, having my friends hold my Deadpool comic books to make sure movie references a right to the comics, and while writing the best review ever on this blog. If you haven't figure it out yet Deadpool is my favorite Marvel character. A Deadpool movie would make things marvelous.



By The Way, Let me clarify who Deadpool is.

Not Deadpool

 Deadpool

1 comment:

  1. Oh Thor, what a character to begin with and Marvel got it right way back when then we get to Chris Hemsworth and yes Jag, he nailed it. Not only was he a big bad saver of the realms but he had that compassionate side and Anthony Hopkins for a father. Hmm where do you go wrong? I should have watched it twice but I think that is one I’ll end up buying only enlarging my already too large collection of favorite DVD’s. Thor comics are fantastic and you should pick some up, as I was a comic junkie as a teenager and loved them. I like how you said “become king of Earth” that would have been a site wouldn’t it. I have a film blog as well where I get very passionate about the developmental history of actors and their lives. I found out a few months ago that my travel schedule was increasing so I had to find a way to start researching in the air. Needless to say I needed some cool resources fast and I had a pretty good idea of the technology I needed. I looked around at the providers in my area. It was a bit crazy that Comcast limits and doesn’t offer 100% digital programming. International channels are also limited and they don’t offer HD free for life. This will not do! Now I did find Dish Network offers more programming and movie channels for far less money plus a free Sling Adapter, which happens to fit my travel needs as I bring my services with me wherever I go. I ended up changing jobs and started working for Dish Network, still traveling but more frequently but armed with tools. With the new Blockbuster Movie Pass, which simply means Welcome Live Streaming and so many TV and movie options, I’m set! Now I am clear that whatever makes it easiest to work on my hobby while traveling and get great entertainment at an affordable price is what is necessary. It is important to me that there is happiness in my life and those counting on me. It’s interesting what you find when you actually take a minute and look around at the options available. Therefore, my blog can carry on and I can keep watching movies where ever I go which I think is pretty cool! Did you know that Chris Hemsworth will be playing Thor in Avengers coming out in December 2012?

    ReplyDelete