Friday, April 15, 2011

Scream (Spolier Alert)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117571/


About Scream
One year after the death of Sidney Prescott's (Campbell) mother, two students turn up gutted. When a serial killer appears, Sidney begins to suspect whether her mother's death and the two new deaths are related. No one is safe, as the killer begins to pick everyone off one by one. Everyone's a suspect in this case.

My Review
Let me start with, this movie was suppose to get a NC-17 rating for all the graphic violence it has. It doesn't come close to the horror I have seen but then this movie was created in 1996. Scream was great. I enjoyed it but of course I had issues with it. 
Drew Barrymore's character was useless in my opinion. She was the typical dumb blonde. She was waiting for her boyfriend and she gets a phone call from a guy with what it sounds like a electronic voice. If it was me I would of told the guy to go Eff himself not amuse him on the phone. Then we see her boyfriend Steve on her back porch duct taped to a chair. How was the killer even able to put that guy there so quietly and quickly? Also, Why was Steve so willingly to do this? The guy is a football jock. I feel like he could've kicked the knife killer's ass.  In that scene, I think the part that bother me the most was she had the chance to run three times when she saw the killer in her house searching for her. She even saw a car coming from a distance that she could've made a run for. The killer had a knife not a gun.  So she deserved to die. If she somehow lived and was in the rest of the movie, I would have hated it. 
Neve Campbell plays Sidney the hero/victim of Scream. She was pretty good in Scream but I don't think she shouldn't be the main character. She needs to die. All she does is goes around upset over her mothers death while everyone is dying around her. She doesn't even care.
Skeet Ulrich plays Billy who is Sidney's boyfriend. The only reason I liked him is because he is a show called "Jericho" that I liked. He did have a great performance in Scream. He has a nice killer side to him but I wasn't sold. Jamie Kennedy was good in Scream too.
Now I saved the best for last Matthew Lillard who plays as Stuart. He was awesome. I loved him as a killer. It was sad to see Sidney's ridiculous strength pushing a 32" tube TV onto  Stuarts head. Have you ever picked one of those TV's up? I can't. Plus Stuart gets electrocuted from the television that has no power cable on the back of it. Yes! If you watch Scream over you will see there is no cable on that TV.  Matthew was a funny killer with a great sense of humor. 
Bottom line Scream is a great movie. Wasn't the perfect horror movie but it's enough to get hooked. The only thing that had me was story line and the performance at the end with the killer. They also added a lot of jokes with other horror films that I liked. Including a part when the school janitor is wearing a Freddy outfit which I think it was Wes Craven.
 
4 out of 5 Stars

I wouldn't want this guy to clean my house unless he gives me wet dreams. 


No comments:

Post a Comment