Monday, June 6, 2011

X-men: First Class


X-men: First Class hit theaters last weekend. I have to admit, I had no intentions on seeing this installment to the X-men series. Its a prequel and I already knew what to expect. I am a comic book nerd. What still surprised me was how well each character was done. Marvel finally got their own comic book heroes exactly how they should be on the big screen but with a few exceptions. Professor X is played by James McAvoy (who also stared in the movie Wanted) was awesome. McAvoy and Michael Fassbender (Magneto) was my favorite actors throughout the film. Who ever did the casting role did a good job on this movie. Jennifer Lawrence (Raven)  could've been better maybe if they through in a nude scene I would have enjoyed her more (you know maybe show some butt cheeks), other then that I found her useless. In the credits of the movie there were ton of crew members that worked on her appearance, ridiculous. I still give them credit on a nice job they did though. Then there was Beast. He looked terrible in this movie and was definitely not played correctly.
The movie had a few appearances that people might not have recognize in the scene where Professor X is searching all over the world for other mutants like him. They had children in the scene who were Cyclops, the blob, and etc. I thought it was pretty cool to have. 
The CGI/Visual Graphics was superb. I felt it was real as possible in reality. It was hard to tell what scene was CGI. I hope to see more work on from that crew soon. I believe it beat Avatar but thats just my opinion.
I've heard a lot of reviews before coming in on seeing this movie and people compared it to The Dark Knight and I must say, X-men First Class does not compare to The Dark Knight. I prefer The Dark Knight much more then this movie. I am more of a Marvel guy but you can't compete with Batman. Also, I did not catch Stan Lee in this film. If anyone knows when he appeared in this one. Can you let me know? 

4 out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment