Monday, June 20, 2011

Philadelphia Comic Con (Wizard World) Review



I was given press credentials for the Wizard World Philly Comic Con and let me tell you this, It was awesome. I had a blast with my company Nerd Rage Films. We covered the whole event. We met so many nice people from staff to vendors. There was so much participation going on with fans dressing up as their favorite character to Jedi light saber fights. I was given opportunities to interview Chris Raab, Sean Patrick Flannery, Brian O'Halloran, and more. Everyone was a lot of fun. Wizard World did a nice job and I didn't see anyone unhappy during the weekend. 

Friday: I came to the convention early just to see how big the line was and to see how the place was set up. It was hard to tell if the place was just packed in or there was just that many adoring fans either way I was okay with it. I noticed there was a photo op section where you can meet your favorite celebrity and have an photo with them for a fee. I thought it was cool so I bought two photos for Saturday. One with Julie Benz and one with Boondock Saints. 12 pm came and the convention opened up. I walked around for a little to check out the Fan Groups. I met with a group who runs a reality version of the game ShadowRun using BB guns where they face of in teams in a battle to the death, which was pretty cool. They use props for weapons and smoke land mines as well. We are in the works on making a film with them, so stay tuned for that. I also checked out a few artist and I must say these guys are talented. I've been to comic cons and I have seen these guys before and every year their work just gets better and better. The artist are nicest guys in the world. You can ask if they can draw something up for you and they will do it before the day ends. Later on in the day I did an interview with Chris Raab (Jackass/Cky/Viva La Bam) to talk about his new movie Hot Dog Casserole. He seemed very excited to the interview which made it awesome and easier for myself. He's an awesome guy. 

Saturday: I came in early to film an interview with Brian O'Halloran (Clerks/Vulgar/Mallrats). Hes a down to earth guy. He was very cool to talk to. I like his movies and we talked a little more after the interview. Right after that I did an interview with Sean Patrick Flannery (Boondock Saints/Saw 7/Deadly Impact/Powder). He was a little difficult to interview but he opened up and he was great. Later on in the day did my photo op with Julie Benz. She is really nice in person and has a good heart. She will sit there talk to the children all day is she could. She makes sure everyone has a good time. Right after the photo op, I attended what was suppose to be the Boondock Saints Q&A ended up to be a Sean Patrick Flannery Q&A because Normus Reedus was running late from doing a scene for the hit show The Walking Dead. Sean was hilarious. He had so many stories to tell and I did not want it to end. I could listen to that guy all day. I just wish he was like that during the interview I guess I just caught him at a bad time. It was early. But right after the Q&A Normus showed up and I got a photo op with the both of them. Then I went back and filmed the Julie benz Q&A. I went to go check out Jake Lloyd (Star Wars: Episode 1) and Chandler Riggs (The Walking Dead) and they are both fun to talk to as well.

Sunday: This was my easy day. I did a little of shopping. I was able to get some art work done, comic books, and autographs. I did filmed a few more interviews with Fan Groups like Philadelphia Ghost Busters and filmed The Walking Dead Q&A with behind the scenes footage. Other then that I went around talking to people getting to know a lot of people. The convention was a lot of fun. 


Visit www.facebook.com/wearenrf like our facebook. We will be uploading all videos and photos up during the week from the Comic Con. 

No comments:

Post a Comment