Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Bridesmaid

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1478338/

Bridesmaids was hilarious. I was spectacle about this movie thinking it wouldn't be my type of a movie but it really pulled through. The jokes are more for women but delivered that anyone can enjoy them but children. This is definitely not a child's movie. Bridesmaids isn't about the princess getting prince charming. It's about two best friends almost being torn apart because of life changes and getting over the path of destruction that separates them.
Kristen Wigg played the main role Annie, who is the maid of honor or refereed in the movie maid of dishonor because she doesn't want to see her best friend move on from her. Annie's life is a mess and doesn't know how to connect the pieces. She is happy for her best friend getting married but doesn't want things to change either. Kristen really plays this role as if the character was really her and gets in to trouble everywhere she went. She has me laughing throughout the whole movie. She really let herself go through many hilarious situations and gave her all doing it. I am looking forward to more movies involving her. There was two weeks of improvising and it did great for everyone.

I enjoyed this movie a lot and encourage anyone to go see it. A lot of people are comparing this to the Hangover, I do not. This movie is more like Super Bad to me. Just two friends overcoming life situations.

5 out of 5 Stars

Jill Clayburgh

(1944-2010)

This was her last film she was in. I am glad it did well.


No comments:

Post a Comment