Thursday, April 28, 2011

Surveillance

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0409345/

About Surveillance

Grisly murders occur in a small town. Two FBI agents arrive, set up their cameras in three interview rooms, and set up interviews of three survivors: a girl of about nine, a foul-mouthed cop with a bandaged hand, and a young woman of about 20 who uses drugs. Each tells their story as the male FBI agent listens and watches from a separate room: the girl draws for and talks to the female agent, the local chief interviews the injured cop, and two officers interview the young woman. As they tell their stories, some of which are inaccurate and self-serving, we see what actually happened the day before. Can the agents or anyone else put the pieces together? 



My Review
 
Surveillance had a different feel for me as a independent film.  I am pretty sure Jennifer Lynch won an award for this movie in a horror genre for best director. The movie wasn't a bad feel nor a good one but it still held my attention throughout the film. You find out that there are killers on the loose with no motive. No one knows why they are killing random people and knows who they are. These are my kind of killers. Who honestly needs a motive anymore? It's overrated. Sometimes people blame video games or what people see in the movies, this might be true but in my perspective its not. I think people kill because they have nothing better to do. They have tried the good life, didn't like it and would rather hear people scream for their meaningless life. This is those types of killers in this movie. I love it. I don't want to see someone getting revenge over their mothers death. I also don't want to see someone getting revenge over being burned, you touched little kids you deserved it. I just want to see some brutal killing.
So we are left with three survivors at a local police station from an attack made by these killers. FBI comes and interviews each person in separate rooms. The three people are a crooked cop, a drug user chick, and a little girl who is very detailed about her descriptions. During the interviews, each people tries to make them sound like they are angels but we see in a flash back what they really did. Let me say they are angels compared to New Jersey but in the movie they are still messed up for what they do.
But later in the movie, they are some twist that didn't have me like "Holy Fish sticks"  (No I am not a gay fish who likes fish dicks) but still was enough to move me.

3 out of 5 Stars





I think the next best psyco killer out there should be Charlie Sheen. Hes just creepy.


No comments:

Post a Comment