Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Super Review

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1512235/

About Super

After his wife falls under the influence of a drug dealer, an everyday guy transforms himself into Crimson Bolt, a superhero with the best intentions, though he lacks for heroic skills. 
 
My Review
This movie is a great independent film. I was upset that this movie wasn't a wide release in theaters. I think this movie would have done great. This movie could not have been low budget. It offers great CGI and special effects throughout the film. It also gives a nice feel on the violence considering it actually shows it. The movie also has a dark humor to itself that was good.

Rainn Wilson plays a great wanna be super hero. It was good to see him in a serious role then a comical one that is portrayed in the show called The Office. Ellen Page, I am not a big fan of but I thought was great in this movie. She delivered a great character role that supports the main character in the film. They are a great action wanna be super hero duo. 

I also checked out other people's reviews on this movie and  all of the reviews were very similar, "This is a rip off of Kick Ass". I do not think this is any way true. Kick Ass was about a kid trying to be a super hero to stop crime in general. In Super its about a guy who wants to save his wife from a drug dealer. He just happens to stop crime during the process and being religious at the same time.  He believes god is showing him the way of being a super hero. When in Kick Ass he was just doing it to be cool and to be accepted.

For what this movie is, I support it 100% and I will be getting it when it is release on DVD. I hope there is special features like showing the making of this film or behind the scenes. The movie is Super.

5 out of 5 Stars.


"You don't butt in line! You don't steal! You don't molest little children! You don't deal drugs! 
The rules haven't changed!"

No comments:

Post a Comment