Monday, April 25, 2011

Scream 4

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1262416/
 
About Scream 4

Sidney Prescott, now the author of a self-help book, returns home to Woodsboro on the last stop of her book tour. There she reconnects with Sheriff Dewey and Gale, who are now married, as well as her cousin Jill and her Aunt Kate. Unfortunately, Sidney's appearance also brings about the return of Ghostface, putting Sidney, Gale, and Dewey, along with Jill, her friends, and the whole town of Woodsboro in danger.
 
My Review

Over the weekend, I kept hearing this movie being categorize as a horror movie. It is in some extent but it is more of a thriller/suspense type of movie.  This movie made me feel like the other movies which is great. The director Wes Craven did not displease me, but that is only how I felt during the movie. What I thought was, there are three characters who survived  attacks by three previous killers, so by now they should be very familiar with the formula. 
 
A. He wears the same outfit even with the same worker boots. B. He comes from corners and dark areas. C. He only uses a knife. D. He can leave a scene of a crime without being heard. 

Another thing that was getting underneath my skin was every character in the scream movies always walks around not prepared for an attack. They know they are targeted but still do not carry any sort of a weapon. They know he uses a knife so why not bring a gun? They also know he waits for when they are alone somewhere so why not have a buddy system. It's one guy who just killed tops 10 people a movie. Seems to me Woodsboro needs new police officers or something.

On other notes, even though there is dry areas in the plot but there is one thing that got me applauding and that is the ending. Once I find out who the killer is I was shocked. I did not see that coming. The blood and gore had its moments and the cast acting was good. 

4 out of 5 Stars 
(Wasn't the best movie out there but it reminded me how good the first one was)
 
 



Two of my favorite actresses was in this movie and only for like 3 minutes.
I am very upset so here is a picture of them from Scream 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment